Saturday, July 19, 2008

Extremes


I have this thing lately for tiny, little paintings. Maybe it is the economy since everything seems to be scaling down. Even Starbucks.


It's pretty easy to display these works. Just put them in a picture frame. I am currently using black ones from IKEA - nice and simple. They look good in groups. I think it is nice to put art in unexpected places.


This is one of a series of small works with heavy texture. I am calling it the Landscape Series. I know it is not the typical greens and pretty trees and all but I kind of see it as a topical view. Maybe the red is like a tornado warning. I don't know. This is exactly why I don't analyze my art. The last few sentences made absolutely no senses. I call it the Landscape series because that is what I thought of when I did the texture. So there. :)
This painting is available in my eBay store.
Take care!

No comments: