Thursday, February 5, 2009

F6 Gallery Show

F6 Gallery show Original Painting by Lizardo Art Oh, the life of an artist. As you can see I am pretty normal looking and that kind of made me stand out like a sore thumb at my last gallery show. LOL Seriously, the show was really fun and there were all kinds of people there. I really like that aspect of it.

The low point? I am talking to my boyfriend's parents and suddenly the unmistakable smell of weed fills the air. You couldn't light up somewhere else? Just a few feet away? It really doesn't bother me and I don't think his mom really noticed. Made me laugh actually.

I like selling my work online but there is something so cool about watching people view your art in person. At one point, I noticed some people taking pictures of my painting on thier phones and talking about the texture and it was just the best feeling in the world.

I'll definitely be applying for more and more shows this year. It's just fun.

In the meantime I have been on this organizing kick all week. It's easier to create when you don't have laundry looming in the backround. My goal is to sell so many paintings I can afford to have someone clean my house from time to time.

2 comments:

Jay Neale III said...

So... THAT's what you look like!

}:-)

Namasté,
Jay

ArtiNALife said...

it's interesting to see you developed as self-taught artist..seen you blog, love your abstract paintings..have you tried to draw other than abstract?
love to invite you to my blog http://artlandscapeideas.blogspot.com/ for your review..thanks!