Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change is officially here! I think this is the first time in my life that I really do feel like things are changing. I think it's cool that we have a black president but I think its even cooler that we have a black president, a white vice president and a woman as Secretary of State. I think it is a diverse representation and I am happy to see it too.

I don't agree with everything that Bush did and I'm fairly certain that Obama will do things I don't agree with. I do respect Bush for taking on a job like that because I know I wouldn't want to do it. So thanks for that, if anything.

As for me, I can feel personal change in the air too. I think it is this whole reaching 30 thing. All of the sudden I am wanting things I have never wanted. And wondering if certain things are ever going to happen, yet realizing it is better that they haven't. All in good time and under the right circumstances. And since I am still in college, I am obviously on my own little path here. Oh well. At least I look as young as most of the college students I go to school with.

I think I feel hope with the rest of the nation. I don't think that Obama is to the answer to my life's problems but I do think the attitude is changing. It's a good thing to see. This is probably one of the most historic days in my life so far. Life is good!

No comments: