Friday, January 16, 2009

Fashionably Late Post on New Year's 09

New Years 09, Lizardo Lizardo, New Year's 09


I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year because I wanted to carry on what I am doing from last year. December was a fun month for me. I was featured in an Etsy e-mail and made my first sales. Great success! (Sorry , but I still quote Borat and I don't know when I'll ever stop.)
I want my entire 2009 to be as fun as this picture of me! I know I look really silly but this is my fave pic in a long time. I smile every time I see it.
So anyway, back to the point, if there ever was one. I didn't make the resolutions but I did just read someone's bucket list for 2009. I think I could handle that. The movie was great, by the way. I'm not sure if I should call it a bucket list since I am not planning on kicking the bucket in 2010. Either way, here is a fashionably late list of things I want to do this year.
Lizardo's 2009 Bucket List

Use my passport

Celebrate my 30th birthday in Vegas

Get my diploma

Offer prints in my Etsy shop

Have extra money for Christmas next year

Make enough money to hire someone to clean this poor house every once in a while

Be one of those people who is always in good shape no matter what the season because they consistently work out

Make my blog more interesting

Take more pictures

Actually visit hawaii now that I have two friends within 30 minutes of each other living there

Have one of my curated treasuries hit the front page

Be in more FP treasuries...it's happened once it can happen again

Promote myself in Dallas, Austin, Houston

Have a the best year ever!

Okay, there it is. Now everyone knows and I will always be able to find my list.

Today I'm working on a painting to submit to a gallery. I have no guaruntee that it will be in the show but I am having fun with it anyway. It has to be computer inspired. I am already calling it Cyberstalker and have some basic ideas in my head. Of course what is in my head usually morphs into something completely different when I start painting. But who really cares? It's not like anyone saw the mental idea, compared it to the finished product and found themselves disappointed. Oh wait, I did! Just kidding. If I remember, and I hope that I do, my plan is to take pictures of the entire process and post them in a future blog.

Hope everyone has a great day! Be sure to check out my interview if you haven't already!

Shop for Modern Stylish Original Art here!

No comments: